Wednesday, September 27, 2006

slacker or destiny?

Ok... it has been killing me about not doing the Black Diamond tri -even though I only signed up to beat my swim time. It was killing me. Felt like a quitter! However (here is me justifying) - it was a race I signed up less than 10 days prior and I just did a tri two weeks ago. BUT back to what’s killing me.. I STILL need to beat that swim time... And the season is getting colder.. And that is a goal within this year…

I had so much panic by not doing the race that “race packet pick up night” I drove all the way to Black Diamond to tell the lady (and that is me being nice calling her, "the lady") that I was not picking up my packet and now out of town, flying to New York. She replied back, "so." - it took me three hours to drive there in traffic... a lot of sweat and tears.. Calling my trainer, and friends for advice all over the world…eating myself alive.. What kind of person would not do a race they signed up for?

BUT when LV found out I wasn't going to NY for her Birthday she said, "but that is all I wanted for my Birthday, I thought you were surprising me!” UGH…that.. then the trapeze.. I buckled...

BUT -There is point for anyone who has stuck through this so far…

I just read the Black Diamond Results and in big red BOLD writing their disclaimer said…

"Due to a disconnected cable on the swim finish box, many athletes did not get a recorded swim finish.”

I would have CRIED! I don’t wear a watch when swimming, running or biking. I would have never known...

Anyway, I promised my trainer I would start wearing a watch/heart monitor biking…BUT it’s so hard to run late when you have a watch on… you feel so guilty.

No comments: