Monday, February 18, 2008

Disclaimer about earlier post

I actually didn't have the winter triathlon set as a race race. It was more of a weekend get away, so I am no longer beating myself up not being a cross country skiier. I know how to do it. I will be slow. BUT I won't ever quit, even if the banners, finish line or what have you gets taken now. I am just going to go out there and have fun. It sounds lame (I can be some time - sorry for any fans I have just punctured their image of me - did I say fans I meant fan.. or mom), however this is just a little adventure with some skill sets I don't have and in truth, I have practiced endurance, I do run (which is 1/3 of the race), and I have been biking... it's going to be great. No stress... I mean my lodging, the food and wine list alone can be a reason enough to be dead last and call it a successful weekend.

I do need to pick out a specific race or races and really train - and do it all the right way!

By next Friday, a race, a date, or a type of race and time frame (gosh I can't commit) - kidding. NEXT FRIDAY - a race calendar and some goals will be set. I will still be racing, or running every week or two, but I mean the kind of training the big kids too. The kind my trainer likes.... quoting AV before he kicks as in a race, GIDDY UP!

No comments: